Monte Carlo Hotel de Paris
Located right on the Place du Casino in Monte Carlo and overlooking the Mediterranean, the Hotel de Paris is Monaco’s finest and grandest hotel. Built in 1864 and owned by the Société des Bains des Mer, it features an ornate facade in the Belle Époque style. Inside, the hotel is lavish, with decor including Louis XVI chairs, crystal chandeliers and a lounge with an Art Nouveau rose window at the top of its dome.
The Hotel de Paris has seen royalty and more than a fair share of the glitterati – it is the place to be seen, although of course at no small price. The hotel is rated at four stars.
Guest rooms are available with either contemporary or nineteenth century period fittings, and many are enormous. Rooms overlooking the sea are slightly smaller. Bathrooms feature marble and elegant brass fittings, and tub/shower combinations.
See Monaco’s official travel site for Hotel de Paris room rates and packages.
The Hotel de Paris includes four restaurants – the architecturally impressive La Salle Empire, Le Côté Jardin for buffet lunches, chef Alain Ducasse’s three Michelin star-rated Le Louis XV and the one-star Le Grill. In 2006, the Louis XV restaurant was voted number 7 in a list of the world’s 50 best restaurants.
- 119 rooms, 28 junior suites, 44 suites and one presidential suite
- wine cellar
- travel agents
- luxury shopping
- 8 comfortable and elegant lounges with secretarial services
- 4 restaurants and a bar
- large indoor pool, two saunas and a fitness centre
- Thermes Marins spa offering thalassotherapy under medical supervision
- 24-hour room service
- laundry service and dry cleaning
- Recent awards won by the Hotel de Paris include:
- World’s Best Hotels by Travel & Leisure
- Top 10 WOW Spa Hotels in the World
- 2005 Gold List by Condè Naste Traveler